Morpheus has created an automation and application deployment framework that allows customers to reduce the time and effort needed in managing Hybrid Cloud deployments. Rather than having processes that differ for each platform, Morpheus brings together a single standard for rolling out virtual machines across private and public infrastructure that includes VMware, Microsoft, AWS and more.
The benefits here are clearly defined in three areas:
- Discovery – understanding and documenting the scope of existing infrastructure. This leads to reducing infrastructure spending
- Efficiency – implementing streamlined processes that allow the business to do more and at greater speed
- Avoiding risk – reducing the risk of running multiple disparate processes and standards.
- 00:00 – Introductions.
- 01:36 – DTW background noise – and thunder storms.
- 02:00 – Is hybrid cloud a reality?
- 03:10 – Where did Morpheus Data evolve from?
- 04:12 – What does workload automation actually mean?
- 07:10 – Harmonising and standardising application deployment.
- 08:30 – Why present at DTW?
- 09:54 – Enterprises can’t simply move everything to public cloud.
- 11:00 – How are cost savings quantified?
- 13:00 – Good governance around process is super important.
- 14:50 – The triple threat – cleanup, optimisation, risk.
- 16:10 – How is TCO/ROI on using Morpheus Data calculated?
- 17:30 – Where is the industry headed (in multi/hybrid terms)?
- 19:57 – Wrap Up
Copyright (c) 2019 Brookend Limited, no reproduction in part or whole without permission. Episode S01E01.