Datrium provides application and workload mobility through tools and solutions that protect and migrate data between public and private clouds. In this episode, Chris talks to CEO Tim Page and CTO Sazzala Reddy about the realities of implementing hybrid and multi-cloud strategies. Tim provides some details on customer use-cases and the potential cost savings that arise from simplifying primary storage, backup and DR into a single solution.
- 00:00 – Intros
- 01:05 – How real are hybrid & multi-clouds?
- 03:20 – It’s all about data, not infrastructure
- 04:00 – Are workloads really dynamic?
- 04:45 – Virtual machines are still the primary deployment model
- 07:15 – What is the mix of containers and VMs in the real world?
- 08:30 – Does operational process hamper container adoption?
- 10:45 – Developers want speed to develop quickly – seconds or less!
- 14:00 – Are customers worried about complexity of implementations?
- 16:00 – Storage is stil hugely complex and cumbersome
- 18:10 – SANs will shrink to a minimal footprint as systems transition
- 20:30 – Applications & workloads need to look consistent across clouds
- 23:15 – Datrium now offers full DR for the enterprise
- 27:00 – If your entire IT department was wiped out, could DR still be done?
- 28:45 – Datrium’s goal is converged Primary, Backup & DR in a single platform
- 31:30 – Other benefits – workload migration & consolidation 36:00 – Wrap Up
Copyright (c) 2019 Brookend Limited, no reproduction in part or whole without permission. Episode S01E04.